lunes, 20 de diciembre de 2021

THE ART HISTORICAL GEMS ON TIKTOK SCHOOL NEVER TAUGHT ME THIS.



by Isabella Segalovich

Dane Nakama, “Lost,” acrylic on canvas, (2021) (image courtesy the artist)

If you’re on TikTok a little too much, like I am, you’ve probably also faced the fear of having lost days of your life to what some call a “kids dancing app.” But during those many hours, I’ve found countless informational gems about our visual world, ranging from cocktail party fodder, to mind altering notions. While the open forum nature of the app can lead to the rapid spread of misinformation, previously ignored stories bubble to the surface, never failing to draw the comment, “Damn! School never taught me this.” The following are just a few of my favorite pieces of art and visual media history that I learned from TikTok.

https://hyperallergic.com/700715/the-art-historical-gems-on-tiktok/

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario